Have sore and/or tired feet?
As time marches on, the alignment of the bones in our feet can shift (become mis-aligned), and weakend or diseased ligaments can develop in the feet due to previous injuries also. These conditions can cause a change your gate (the rhythm of how you walk), pain and/or a loss of balance. The changes develop in our feet can lead to joint and lower back pain.
A custom orthotic, made to your exact needs, can provide the support needed for the realignment of the bones in your feet which in turn help to maintain the fitness of your skeletal framework.
Orthotic inserts promote optimal function of the feet legs and lower back. Orthotics can decrease pain, alleviate pressure, and increase stability when walking or standing. In addition, orthotics are used to treat specific pathologies such as diabetes, plantar fasciitis, hammer toe, heel spurs, and arthritis.
Our state of the art 3D Laser assisted orthotic support system will manufacture the orthotic inserts to help to position the bones of your foundation into proper alignment promoting maximum support, comfort and function.
The custom orthotics we offer are precicely made for your body/foot unlike the off-the-shelf pads available elsewhere. Our Foot Levelers ™ orthotic inserts are built for the rigors of medecial application and provide actual support and/or realignment correction, where the off-the-shelf brand(s) cannot.
If you suffer from the conditions below, then you can benefit from our custom orthotics and physical therapy treatments.
- Plantar fasciitis, a common painful inflammation of the sole of the foot towards the heel, most easily recognized by its tendency to cause pain first thing in the morning
- Arthritis, which often affects different joints of the foot
- Diabetes, which interferes with circulation in the feet, requiring custom shoe modifications or custom-built footwear to alleviate pressure points
- Metatarsalgia, a painful foot disorder that affects the bones and joints at the ball of the foot
- Heel spurs, a growth of dense tissue or bone growing out of the calcaneous bone on the heel. This is due to excessive pressure on this region from changes in walking
- Lower Back Pain, can be caused by poor alignment of the bones of our feet. After all our feet are the foundation for the rest of our skeletal system.
Other potentially treatable conditions include patellofemoral knee pain, shin splints, achilles tendonitis, and bunions, as well as numerous systemic pathologies that (like diabetes) affect the function of the lower limbs.
To learn more how our specialized custom orthotics may benefit you. Contact us at Spaulding Physical Therapy Wellness Center 3041 Owingsville Road, Mount Sterling, KY 40353 to talk with one of our well trained physical therapy staff members TODAY. Remember your foundation is very important to your overall health and wellness.