Spaulding Physical Therapy offers the most advanced physical therapy technology available. We have been using the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® since 2012, and have witnessed remarkable improvements in patient recovery. This unique and patented unweighted rehabilitation treadmill technology allows patients to rehabilitate with less pain while reducing the risk of further injury. If you have been unable to exercise because of pain, we can help!
A Game Changer
For injured athletes, it isn’t enough to just get back on their feet. The goal is to get back to their pre-injury condition. Incorporating our AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® into a sports injury rehabilitation program helps our athletes and our weekend warriors:
- Gain the confidence to push themselves harder during the recovery process, and see specific gains as they progress.
- Maintain and develop cardiovascular conditioning without stressing injured areas
- Train with their natural gait, and avoid developing compensatory habits
- Achieve higher level training sooner than otherwise possible
- Reduce the risk of re-injury after returning to the field, court, or track
The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® allows our patients with weakness and pain the confidence to take a larger step forward in their physical therapy than previously possible. Our Physical Therapists incorporate the AlterG as part of a comprehensive, personalized treatment program for many of our patients. It is of great benefit for patients looking to regain mobility, develop strength and fitness, and increase range of motion and natural movement – all while minimizing stress on injuries. Additional benefits include:
- Safely improve patients’ mobility, and as a result, increase independence during day-to-day activities and improve wellness.
- Provide a fall-safe environment, giving our more “senior” patients the confidence to walk further, faster, and with a more normal gait.
- Reduce patient discomfort and risk of injury, as well as hesitancy during walking
Some common conditions that benefit from using the AlterG AntiGravity Treadmill:
- Physical therapy following an injury or surgery on a lower extremity (hip, knee, ankle or foot)
- Rehab after total joint replacement
- Gait training and strengthening for neurological patients
- Strengthening and conditioning in a fall-safe environment for older patients
- Weight-loss programs
- Injury prevention during sport specific conditioning and fitness improvement programs
The only training equipment of its kind, the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill is available at Spaulding Physical Therapy to help you move more with less pain. For more information, Contact us at Mount Sterling, KY center.